Jump aboard our Cooktown 4WD Tour
Cooktown is a small coastal village in North Queensland . Join this amazing Cooktown 4WD Tour and learn about Cooktown and its History. Your journey will take you across the Daintree River, travelling through the World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park on the famous 4WD only Bloomfield Track.
Stunning views along the coast with river and creek crossings and the Savannah Plains on the return journey through the Outback of Far North Queensland. Cooktown 4WD Tour will take you on a unique adventure experiencing some of the most amazing scenery and natural beauty in Australia.
To explore Cooktown over 2 days, click HERE!
Your Journey Begins
- You will be collected by our air-conditioned, purpose built 4WD vehicle, and travel north along the Captain Cook Highway, one of Australia’s most scenic coastal drives.
- Your journey will take you across the Daintree River by Cable Ferry through the heart of the World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park.
- This spectacular wet tropical rainforest, the oldest continuously growing rainforest in the world, renowned for its amazing diversity of plant and animal life.
- Enjoy the magic of the rainforest as you indulge on tasty homemade scones with jam and cream, and sip on the fresh local Daintree Tea or coffee.
- Your experienced guide will enlighten your journey with incredible stories and history as you continue on the 4WD only Bloomfield Track. This will take you through some of the most incredible scenery in the country, crossing rivers and climbing mountain ranges.
- Lunch is at the infamous, quirky ‘Lion’s Den Hotel’ which is one of North Queensland’s landmark pubs, built in 1875 made of timber and iron.
- See the unique geological oddity, “Black Mountain” an environment, which is the world’s only habitat for at least three animals. Hear the mystical stories and Aboriginal legends, before arriving in historic Cooktown.
- Enjoy the spectacular panoramic views from Grassy Hill of the Endeavor River, Coral Sea and Cooktown. Take a stroll down the main street or visit the world class James Cook Museum.
- Depart Cooktown for the return journey on the inland road, travelling through a diverse landscape of cattle stations and the Palmer River goldfields region, which is the outback of Far North Queensland.
- An evening meal break will be taken along the way (at your own expense). At the completion of your day you will be transferred to your accommodation in Port Douglas or Cairns.
- 4WD air-conditioned vehicle
- Friendly knowledgeable driver-guide
- One of Australia’s most scenic coastal drives
- World Heritage Listed Daintree National Park
- Cable Ferry across the Daintree River
- Morning tea
- 4WD only Bloomfield Track
- Lunch at Aussie Bush Pub
- Black Mountain
- Free time in Cooktown
- Outback of Far North Queensland
- Return bus transfers
What to bring
- Insect repellent
- Towel, swimming clothes
- Bottle of water
Tours subject to weather conditions. Alternative to Bloomfield track route may be taken – no refund given.