Quicksilver Cruises Port Douglas departs daily from the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina. This day tour is a great option for everyone, including families and non-swimmers.
A range of activities is available throughout the day and for all levels of ability. With so much to do, everyone is assured of a great day out.
This Port Douglas Great Barrier Reef Pontoon is designed for comfort and convenience. Stable platforms provide easy access to the water. Covered areas provide shelter from the elements.
While you are at the reef, enjoy unlimited semi-submersible tours. Next, visit the underwater observatory.
Quicksilver Cruises is family-friendly and disability-friendly.
During the day, why not take a birdseye view of the reef on a scenic helicopter flight.
- Reef Pontoon
- Outer Barrier Reef
- Underwater observatory
- 09:15 am – Check-in a the marina to collect your boarding passes.
- 09:30 am – Enjoy complimentary morning tea directly after you board.
- 10:00 am – Your adventure begins! The large, stable vessel provides a smooth journey to the Outer Barrier Reef.
- 10:30 am – Marine biology presentation and diving briefings.
- 11:30 am – Arrive at the Outer Great Barrier Reef Pontoon. The boat stays here for 3.5 hours, which gives you plenty of time to enjoy everything on offer.
- 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm – Lunch is served buffet style- with full bar facilities available in case you want to purchase drinks
- 3:00 pm – The vessel departs the Great Barrier Reef Pontoon.
- 4:30 pm – The boat arrives back in Port Douglas.
- 3.5 hours at a fixed Great Barrier Reef Pontoon
- Stunning Outer Great Barrier Reef site
- Unlimited Snorkeling
- All snorkeling equipment and instruction
- Semi-Submersible tours with commentary (weather permitting)
- Qualified lifeguard to watch all swimmers
- Underwater Observatory – See the life beneath without getting wet!
- Reef Presentation by a qualified marine biologist
- Educational fish feeding show
- Hot & cold tropical buffet lunch, including prawns
- Morning & afternoon tea
- Environmental Management Fee
Get More Out Of Your Day!
- Scenic Helicopter Flights.
- Underwater Digital Camera Hire available on board.
- Professional photography packages.
- Marine Biologist Guided Snorkel Tour – Beginner Tour or Advanced Tour options are available.
- Scuba Diving* for qualified divers (Certified). Up to 3 dives available.
- ‘Resort Scuba Diving’* for beginners. No experience needed. (minimum of 12 years old)
- Ocean Walker Helmet Diving*
- Snack Bar Purchases: Soft drinks, ice cream, alcohol, etc.
- Prescription mask hire is available if you require vision correcting glasses.
- Hotel transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels.
*Subject to medical conditions – see ‘Important Information for Scuba & Ocean Walkers’ below.
- Cash or credit card for extra purchases – Note: credit card surcharges may apply
- Swimming costume, towel and also hat
- Sunscreen together with sunglasses
- Proof of qualification if you’re a Certified Diver
- Booking Voucher/Confirmation
Quicksilver can organise transfers from your accommodation, or you may make your own way to the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, Wharf Street, Port Douglas.
All-day parking is available, and it is free of charge.
Information for Scuba Diving & Ocean Walker
To avoid disappointment, we recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. The Queensland Government Code of Practice regulates us and we comply with all regulations.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected],
Or you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible