Hartleys Crocodile Adventures
Located on a 10 hectare World Heritage location at Wangetti Beach and is open seven days a week from 8.30 to 5 pm.
This adventure park is the best place to see crocodiles and wildlife in North Queensland. In addition to crocodiles, there is a whole lot more to see and do at Hartley’s.
This award-winning attraction is proudly family-owned and operated. Hartleys Crocodile Adventures is a real highlight to all visitors to North Queensland.
The Freeman family created and owned Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures and have been operating the park since 1986.
They have redefined the wildlife park experience by offering adventure and quality learning activities in a natural environment.
The animals are displayed in surroundings that reflect their natural habitat.
To begin your day at Hartleys Crocodile Adventures, let’s start with breakfast.
Breakfast with the Koala’s
A wonderful way to start your day is to enjoy a delicious hot Aussie breakfast overlooking Hartley’s lagoon.
During your breakfast, some of the wildlife keepers will introduce you to some of the friendly koalas. For an additional cost, you can have your photo taken with a koala. Breakfast is available from 8:30 to 9:30 am.
After breakfast, enjoys the scheduled wildlife presentations on a boat cruise to Hartley’s lagoon.
World Famous Boat Cruise
Take a boat cruise on Hartley’s Lagoon! You will see crocodiles and other wildlife in this superb tropical wetland. Learn about conservation on our Crocodile Farm tour.
After the 11 am crocodile feeding, you can pole feed a crocodile from the purpose-built crocodile platform.
At 10:30 am and 1 pm is the famous Big Croc feed.
As well as watching the big crocodiles feed you may also hold a juvenile crocodile and learn interesting facts about the crocodiles.
The Gondwana Gateway is where you can learn about the evolution of Australian wildlife. During school holidays, children called the ‘Backyard Aussies” where visitors could meet some of our little Australian animals.
Set in beautiful Rainforest and surrounded by living descendants of Australia’s ancient past.
Get up close and personal with kangaroos and wallabies.
Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures restaurant overlooks Hartley’s Lagoon. Enjoy the perfect coffee or meal while you are at Hartley’s.
Next, wander through the Paperbark Gift Shop for your souvenirs.
Wildlife Discovery Trail
While you are at Hartley’s, take a stroll to see saltwater and freshwater crocodiles.
Next, visit the colourful birds in the tropical walk-through aviary. Then visit the entertaining and educational wildlife presentations.
Presentations are educational and entertaining with wildlife, including crocodiles, snakes, cassowaries, koalas and quolls.
The number one place to see the crocodiles is at Hartley’s Lagoon. You can take the 25-minute cruise for the best view of the crocodiles in the coastal melaleuca wetland.
In addition to reptiles, Hartleys also have mammals to start with a one hour guided tour to feed and hold adorable Australian marsupials.
Such as wallabies, sugar gliders, wombats and quolls.
Also, in this area, you can experience the koala talk and have your photo taken cuddling a koala.
Next Reptasitc 5
At 10:45, make sure you are in the front row to experience the one hour guided tour of Reptastic. Minimum of 10 years old to participate in this tour.
A guided tour for a maximum of six people. Get up close and personal with some unique lizards, feed snakes and also tortoises.
Next on the list is Feathertastic
This one hour guided tour is for birdkeepers. Besides words of prey, you can also see friendly birds in the rainforest aviary. To show your friends when you get home, you can have your photo taken with a cockatoo.
Head over to Zootasitc 5 at 9:30 am and 1:30 pm for a one hour guided tour for a maximum of 6 participants. Where you can pet a koala, feed a cassowary and also pat a wombat.
The last thing we will tell you about Hartleys Crocodile Adventures is that everyone that visits wants to come back and see it all again.
Next, find out about Walkabout tours, another great thing to do from Port Douglas.
- Hartley’s Lagoon
- Wildlife Discovery Trail
- Gondwana Gateway
- Cassowary Walk
- Hartley’s Creek Crocodile Farm
Don’t miss all the exciting things to do at Hartleys Crocodile Adventures
- 9:00 am Lagoon Boat Cruise
- 9:30 am Cassowary Feeding & Wetlands Tour – Cassowary Enclosure
- 10:00 am Hartleys Crocodile Adventures Farm Tour
- 10:30 am Lagoon Boat Cruise
- 11:00 am Crocodile Feeding – Amphitheatre
- 01:00 pm Lagoon Boat Cruise
- 1:30 pm Crocodile Farm Tour
- 2:00 pm Snake Show – Amphitheatre
- 2:30 pm Lagoon Boat Cruise
- 3:00 pm Crocodile Attack Show – Amphitheatre
- 4:00 pm Lagoon Boat Cruise
- 4:15 pm Cassowary Feeding – Cassowary Enclosure
- 4:30 pm Koala Feeding – Amphitheatre
Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures admission includes the boat cruise on the lagoon and all feeding and attack shows.
- Sensible walking shoes
- Bottle of water
- Entry to Hartley’s Crocodile Adventures
- Sunscreen and mosquito repellent
- A wheelchair is available for customers at no charge
- Must be booked by 4.00 pm the day prior. Subject to availability.
- We cannot guarantee the above-mentioned animals are available on the day.
- Start times may change. Time advised on booking.
- The minimum age for participants:
- Big Croc Feed, minimum age 16 years.
- Reptastic 5 minimum age of 10 years. (Must be accompanied by a paying adult who is also doing the Reptastic 5 experience)
- Zootastic 5 and Feathertastic: 10 years. (Must be accompanied by a paying adult who is also doing the Zootastic 5 experience)
- Mammal Magic: 6 years. (Must be accompanied by a paying adult who is also doing the Mammal Magic experience)
- The maximum number of participants:
- Big Croc Feed: 4 persons
- Reptastic 5, Zootastic 5, Mammal Magic and Feathertastic: 6 persons
- Cost includes entry, personalised tour, boat cruise and public presentations.
- Children must be at least 1.2 metres tall to hold a Koala by themselves.
- No child price for Feathertastic, Reptastic 5, Zootastic 5. Only paying participants may join the Feathertastic, Zootastic 5, Reptastic 5 tour.