Port Douglas Map
Port Douglas is a charming coastal town located in Queensland, Australia. Known for its stunning beaches, lively atmosphere, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, Port Douglas is a popular destination for travellers worldwide. To help you navigate this beautiful town, here’s a brief overview of the Port Douglas map.
The Esplanade is the heart of Port Douglas, running parallel to Four Mile Beach. Here, you’ll find a range of shops, restaurants, cafes, and access to the beach. The Esplanade is also home to the Sunday Markets, which offer a range of local products and crafts.
Four Mile Beach
Four Mile Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches in Australia, and it’s easy to see why. Its pristine white sand and crystal-clear waters make it the perfect place to soak up the sun and enjoy the warm tropical climate.
Macrossan Street is the main street in Port Douglas, home to a range of shops, restaurants, and bars. Here, you’ll find everything from souvenir shops to high-end fashion boutiques, as well as plenty of options for dining and nightlife.
Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina
Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina is a waterfront complex located at the end of Wharf Street. Here, you’ll find a range of luxury shops and restaurants and access to the Great Barrier Reef.
St. Mary’s by the Sea Chapel
St. Mary’s by the Sea Chapel is a beautiful heritage-listed church on Wharf Street. Built in 1880, it’s one of the oldest buildings in Port Douglas and is a popular spot for weddings and other events.
The Wildlife Habitat is a unique wildlife sanctuary located on Port Douglas Road. You can get up close and personal with Australian animals, including kangaroos, wallabies, and crocodiles.
Mossman Gorge is a beautiful rainforest just a short drive from Port Douglas. Here, you can explore the lush jungle environment and dip in the crystal-clear waters of the Mossman River.
The Daintree Rainforest is one of the oldest rainforests in the world, and it’s just a short drive from Port Douglas. Here, you can explore the dense jungle environment and spot a range of unique wildlife, including cassowaries and tree kangaroos.
Getting Around Port Douglas
Port Douglas is a relatively small town, making it easy to get around on foot or by bicycle. Several shuttle bus services can take you to remote destinations, such as Mossman Gorge and the Daintree Rainforest.
Accommodation in Port Douglas
Port Douglas offers a range of accommodation options to suit every budget and preference. From luxury resorts to budget hostels, there’s something for everyone. Many of the resorts are located right on the beach, offering stunning views and easy access to the water.
Climate and Weather in Port Douglas
Port Douglas has a warm and tropical climate, with temperatures ranging from around 20 to 33 degrees Celsius throughout the year. The wet season runs from November to April, while the dry season runs from May to October. The dry season is generally the best time to visit, as the weather is warm and dry, and the skies are clear.
Activities and Attractions in Port Douglas
In addition to its stunning beaches and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef and rainforest, Port Douglas offers a range of other activities and attractions to keep you entertained. Here are just a few of the top things to do in Port Douglas:
- Scuba Diving and Snorkeling: The Great Barrier Reef is just a short boat ride from Port Douglas, making it the perfect destination for scuba diving and snorkelling. Plenty of tour operators can take you to some of the best dive sites in the area.
- Sailing and Boating: Plenty of sailing and boating options are available in Port Douglas if you prefer to stay above water. From sunset cruises to full-day excursions, there’s something for everyone.
- Hiking and Nature Walks: The Daintree Rainforest and Mossman Gorge offer plenty of hiking and nature walk opportunities. With stunning scenery and unique wildlife, it’s a must-visit destination for any nature lover.
- Dining and Nightlife: Port Douglas offers a range of dining options, from casual cafes to fine dining restaurants. There’s also a lively nightlife scene, with plenty of bars and clubs.
- Beach Activities: With its stunning beaches, it’s no surprise that plenty of beach activities are available in Port Douglas. From beach volleyball to stand-up paddleboarding, there’s something for everyone.
Port Douglas is a beautiful coastal town that offers something for everyone. From its stunning beaches to its proximity to the Great Barrier Reef and rainforest, it’s a must-visit destination for any traveller to Australia. So why not look at the Port Douglas map and plan your next adventure today?
Port Douglas map
Cairns to Port Douglas
If you are arriving on a flight to Cairns Airport and wondering how to get to Port Douglas, there are a few good options.
First, you can organise a Port Douglas shuttle, rent a car, and drive yourself.
The road from Cairns to Port Douglas is scenic and best done during daylight hours.
Alternatively, you can take a helicopter flying alongside the coast in a spectacular scenic flight with the World Heritage Rainforest on one side and views of the Great Barrier Reef on the other.