Daintree Rainforest Tours on a Budget
Daintree Rainforest tours. You will travel through 95 km of magnificent coastal rainforest and beautiful tropical beaches. Stretching from Mossman to the Bloomfield River.
All within one and a half hours from Port Douglas.
This tour departs daily from Port Douglas at 8:15 am and returning at 6:30 pm.
Explore the Oldest Living Rainforest in the World!
You will journey from Port Douglas to Cape Tribulation, which is the headland of the Daintree National Park. This is where two UNESCO world heritage listed areas meet. The Daintree Rainforest and Australia’s Great Barrier Reef. Famous for ‘Where the Rainforest meets the reef’.
First, we will explore Wildlife Habitat in Port Douglas. You will join a guided tour and see the endangered cassowary and other wildlife. This is a great opportunity to have your photo taken holding a koala, snake or crocodile (extra cost).
Daintree River Cruise
Next, we will continue north heading towards the Daintree River. Spotting crocodiles, birds and other wildlife while on the Daintree River Cruise.
Enjoy a picnic lunch in a picturesque setting. Wander along the Dubuji Rainforest boardwalk.
The Dubuji Boardwalk is a walking distance of 1.2 km through lush lowland rainforest. Allow 45 minutes of walking time, and this is an easy walk.
And then later, there will be time to relax and stroll along the famous Cape Tribulation Beach.
- 06:45 – Bus transfers commence from Cairns City accommodation
- 0845 – Arrive at The Wildlife Habitat (Port Douglas)
- 1100 – Cross Daintree River on cable-driven ferry
- 1215 – Cape Trib Beach House for a Tropical Lunch
- 1315 – Cape Tribulation Beach and Rainforest boardwalk
- 1535 – Alexandra Lookout
- 1600 – Depart north side of Daintree River Cruise
- 1700 – Depart south side of Daintree River Cruise
- 1800 – Arrive Port Douglas Accommodation
- 1900 – Arrive back to Cairns
- Please note times are approx only
- Pickup and Return to Cairns Accommodation
- Scenic Coastal Drive
- Wildlife Habitat
- Tropical Lunch
- Cape Tribulation Beach
- Rainforest Walk
- Alexandra Lookout
- Daintree River Cruise
- Qualified, knowledgeable and experienced Driver Guides
- All National Park Fees and Levies
- Insect repellent
- Water Resistant 15+ sunscreen
- Walking shoes
- Swimming costume
- Towel, snacks, and money for drinks & meals
- Children under 16 years of age are not permitted to travel unless accompanied by an adult