Sailaway Port Douglas – Outer Reef Day Trip to Mackay Coral Cay
This Port Douglas Sailing trip is a full-day sailing and snorkelling tour to beautiful Mackay Coral Cay. Here, you can enjoy a day on the Outer Great Barrier Reef on Sailaway VII, a stunning 25m catamaran.
This snorkelling and sailing excursion, which takes place right in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef’s northernmost region, is ideal for those who care about the environment. Departing from Port Douglas daily, this tour is perfect for those who can swim and who have a spirit of fun and adventure. Above all, in a small group, you will explore the stunning Mackay Coral Cay on the Great Barrier Reef!
Marvel at Spectacular Marine Life
Sailaway is the only Port Douglas operator with access to the spectacular Coral Cays of Mackay Reef. In other words, they exclusively use the Reef sites, perfect for snorkelling. There are vast shallow coral gardens to explore at your own pace. Above all, you get up close and personal with beautiful corals, giant clams, turtles and fish life. Moreover, it is ideal for taking underwater photos or watching marine life in its natural habitat.
Full-day tour to the outer Reef that is Mackay Coral Cay
Sailaway Port Douglas Itinerary
7.30 am: First, check in at the Sailaway office at the Port Douglas marina
8.00 am: Departure – sailing to Mackay Cay Outer Barrier Reef
10.15 am: Arrive at the 1st site for morning activities
12.45 pm: Lunch before we move to 2nd site and resume activities
2.15 pm: Afternoon Tea and Coffee
2.30 pm: Depart Mackay Cay and sail back to port Douglas
5.00 pm: Finally, we arrive at Port Douglas
- Pickups from Palm Cove are now available daily.
Palm Cove bus times: Departs Palm Cove at 7.00 am and return departs Port Douglas at 5.15 pm. Exact pickup times from various hotels will be advised when booking.
- Courtesy coach transfers from Port Douglas accommodation
- During afternoon tea and coffee, enjoy as well cakes and fresh fruit platter (Using local produce Daintree Tea and Jaques Coffee)
- Superb tropical buffet during lunch (including prawns)
- Snorkelling equipment, optical masks, seasonal lycra snorkelling suits, wet suits and flotation devices
- Snorkelling instruction and in-water assistance
- Guided snorkel tour with a marine biologist
- Glass bottom boat viewing and Reef interpretation talk
- 4.5 hours at the pristine Mackay Coral Cay
- The experience of sailing on board the luxury sailing catamaran Sailaway VII
- Eco Shamba Environmental Initiative $20 to local re-forestation
Add these luxury upgrades to your online booking and experience the best of Sailaway’s service.
- Beach Sun Smart
- Champagne Celebration
- Private Chauffeur Transfers
Sailaway Reef & Island Tours
Check-in at Sailaway Boathouse Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina 8, Shop 18/44 Wharf St, Port Douglas QLD 4877
This is an adventure tour suitable for travellers with good mobility. To participate in snorkelling you must be confident in the water with good swimming ability, as snorkelling can be a strenuous activity.