Wavedancer Low Isles Tour: Experience the Ultimate Barrier Reef Adventure.
- Wavedancer Low Isles Boards at 9:30 am
- Returns at 4:30 pm
- Adults $242.00
- Child (4–14 years) $128.00
- Family: $620.00 ( 2 adults and two children)
Discover the breathtaking beauty of the Wavedancer Low Isles tour and explore the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef with a unique adventure experience.
The Wavedancer Low Isles Tour is a thrilling adventure that offers a unique opportunity to explore the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef. This tour takes you on a journey to the Low Isles, a stunning coral cay island off Port Douglas’s coast in Far North Queensland. The Wavedancer is a luxury catamaran that takes guests on a scenic cruise to the Low Isles to enjoy snorkelling, swimming, and a guided glass-bottom boat tour. This tour is a must-do for anyone who wants to experience the beauty and diversity of the Great Barrier Reef.
In this article, we will explore the Wavedancer Low Isles tour in detail and provide you with everything you need to know before embarking on this adventure. From the itinerary to the FAQs, we’ve got you covered!
What to Expect on the Wavedancer Low Isles tour
The Wavedancer Low Isles Tour is a full-day adventure that includes a range of exciting activities. Here’s what you can expect on this tour:
- Scenic Cruise: The tour begins with a scenic cruise aboard the Wavedancer. The catamaran has modern amenities such as air conditioning, a licenced bar, and a spacious deck that offers panoramic ocean views. As you cruise along, you can enjoy the stunning views of the coastline and the turquoise waters of the Coral Sea.
- Snorkelling: The Low Isles are home to abundant marine life, including colourful fish, turtles, and corals. The tour includes snorkelling equipment, so you can dive in and explore the underwater world of the Barrier Reef. A qualified snorkelling guide will be on hand to provide you with tips and guidance.
- Glass-Bottom Boat Tour: If you prefer not to snorkel, you can still explore the reef with a guided glass-bottom boat tour. The tour lets you see the stunning coral formations and marine life without getting wet.
- Guided Island Walk: The Low Isles are not just about the underwater world. The island itself is home to a range of unique flora and fauna. The tour includes a guided island walk, where you can learn about the history and ecology of the island.
- Delicious Lunch: After a morning of exploring, you’ll work up an appetite. The Wavedancer Low Isles tour includes a delicious tropical buffet lunch to satisfy your hunger. The lunch features a range of fresh seafood, salads, and tropical fruits.
Q: What should I bring on the tour?
Q: Is the tour suitable for children?
Q: Is the tour wheelchair accessible?
Q: Can I bring my food and drinks?
Q: Is it safe to snorkel?
The Wavedancer Low Isles tour is a must-do adventure for anyone visiting Far North Queensland. It offers a unique opportunity to explore the wonders of the Great Barrier Reef and experience the beauty and diversity of this natural wonder. There’s something for everyone on this tour, with a range of exciting activities, including snorkelling, glass-bottom boat tours, and island walks.
The Wavedancer is a luxurious catamaran that provides all the modern amenities you need for a comfortable and enjoyable journey. The staff are friendly and knowledgeable, and they will ensure that you have an unforgettable experience.
So, if you’re looking for a fun and exciting way to explore the Great Barrier Reef, book the Wavedancer Low Isles tour today! You won’t be disappointed.
Something for everyone
- Wavedancer Low Isles is only 1-hour sail from Port Douglas.
- Unspoilt coral cay with shady trees in addition to the protected lagoon.
- Limited numbers, so no crowds.
- Unrestricted access to the island.
- Snorkel straight off the beach.
- Great for families or relaxing.
- Often see turtles as well as excellent island birdlife.
- Enjoy guided heritage walks of Low Isles.
- Check-in between 9:00 – 9:30 am. Present your voucher to the crew in the Quiksilver office at the Marina.
- 9:45 am Enjoy a Marine Biologist presentation in the main cabin.
- 10:00 am Wavedancer Low Isles departs the Marina.
- 10:30 am A snorkelling demonstration is conducted on the journey to Low Isles.
- 11:15 am Wavedancer arrives at Low Isles before a glass-bottom boat will take you to the island. Snorkelling equipment is available from storage containers on the beach.
- 12:00 pm A tropical buffet lunch is served onboard Wavedancer. The bar operates throughout the day.
- 1:30 pm A guided beach and heritage walk is conducted by a Marine Biologist.
- 2:45 pm The last glass-bottom boat leaves the island to return passengers to the vessel. Afternoon tea is served before we depart for Port Douglas.
- 4:30 pm Arrival back to the Crystlebrook Superyacht Marina.
- Return Wavedancer Low Isles cruise from Port Douglas
- Morning and afternoon teas on board
- Informative reef presentation by Marine Biologist
- Tropical smorgasbord lunch
- All snorkelling equipment provided
- Qualified snorkelling safety officers on hand
- Glass bottom boat coral viewing
- Marine Biologist guided beach walk
- Guided snorkelling tours with Marine Biologist
- Lycra swimming suits
Return transfers from Port Douglas or Cairns accommodation.
- Your camera
- Swimming costume and beach towel.
- Hat, sunscreen and shirt.
- Cash for drinks at the bar.
- Credit cards for shopping.
- Underwater cameras are available for purchase or hire.
Wavedancer Low Isles departs from
Wavedancer Low Isles departs from the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina
44 Wharf Street, Port Douglas, Qld 4877
Please check in at 9:15 am for a 10 am departure.
Returning at 4:30 pm