Silversonic Port Douglas
Silversonic Port Douglas departs daily from Port Douglas. This premier Great Barrier Reef tour visits three reef sites on the Agincourt Reefs.
This tour commences from the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina at 8:30 am returning at 4:30 pm.
Silversonic is best suited for scuba divers and snorkelers.
Starting with guest check-in is at the Quicksilver reservation in desk at the Port Douglas Marina.
Next all aboard for a fantastic full-day tour.
A delicious gourmet breakfast including focaccias, muffins and cakes are served upon boarding.
Silversonic Port Douglas vessel can travel up to 32 knots. It also has a unique ride control to ensure the most comfortable boat ride.
Visiting the Outer Barrier Reef
Agincourt Reef is a small group of reefs that run alongside the Continental Shelf. Because of the reef location, the water offers fantastic visibility.
Silversonic Port Douglas Activities
Starting with 5 hours, this tour visits three spectacular reef locations during this full-day tour.
Silversonic’s friendly professional crew share a passion for the Great Barrier Reef with an excellent safety record and are delighted in showing it off.
During the day guests enter the water via a submerged deck straight off the back of the boat.
Under the water is where the magic happens, everyone is in for a treat as they explore the largest living thing on Earth.
Certified Scuba Divers
Certified divers can enjoy up to 3 spectacular scuba dives. There will be coral gardens, reef walls, and swim-throughs offering great scuba divers experiences during the day.
All scuba divers are guided by one of the professional dive instructors so you can relax and enjoy diving.
For divers who would like more time on the Great Barrier Reef, please visit our award-winning liveaboard Reefencounter.com.au.
Introductory Scuba Divers
If you don’t have a scuba certification and never have dived before it is possible to scuba dive.
Under the watchful eye of a dive instructor after a small amount of tuition, the professional crew will have you exploring the coral reef.
Introductory divers first receive a dive briefing, watch a video and then do a quick quiz before entering the water for a scuba dive.
Next, we will enter the reef for a dive to a maximum of 12 metres. The dive instructor will link arms with you while diving and point our amazing marine life during your dive.
Because read the important information about scuba diving medicals to avoid disappointment on the day.
Included in Silversonic’s day is a marine interpreter guided snorkel for all snorkelers.
There are also floatation devices and buoyancy vests to make snorkelling a breeze if required.
Exploring the shallows over the coral reef is a wonderful way for snorkelers to view coral gardens.
After exploring the reef, you can have a hot shower and change before arriving back into Port Douglas.
Agincourt Reef and Ribbon Reefs
Agincourt Reef is located 65 kilometres off the Queensland coast of Port Douglas.
Reefs are situated within the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
Agincourt Reef extends southwards as part of the continental shelf offering fantastic visibility.
Ranging from 0-25 metres this reef provides excellent scuba diving and snorkelling sites.
While you are on the reef, see brightly coloured fish and coral gardens. Clownfish, angelfish and parrotfish are busy on the reef.
Next, keep an eye out for turtles leisurely cruising by.
In addition to marine life, there are swim-throughs, drop-offs and coral gardens.
Jump Into the Crystal Clear Water
With crystal clear water and temperatures range between 22-29 degrees Celsius.
Silversonic Port Douglas has 29 exclusive reef locations to choose from. These reef sites include Turtle Bay, Castle Rock and the Three Sisters.
With the highest concentration of life on Earth, Australia’s Great Barrier Reef is a must-do. Home to 1500 fish species, 400 coral types, and six of the Worlds seven marine turtles.
Next, its time to explore these magnificent reef locations before enjoying lunch.
A delicious hot and cold lunch includes king prawns, seasonal hot dishes, fresh garden and pasta salads.
During the cooler months, there are also soups to keep everyone warm.
After lunch, Silversonic will depart for the third reef location.
This is another great opportunity for divers and snorkelers to see more of the reef.
Next, afternoon tea is served.
Afterwards, a final passenger count is done before we return to Port Douglas.
Dwarf Minke Whales
Silversonic has been granted a permit from The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park to swim with dwarf Minke Whales.
Dwarf Minke Whales occur in a tropical, temperate and polar waters of the South Pacific, South Atlantic and the Indian Ocean.
Growing to a maximum length of 6.8 metres and weighing 635 kilograms.
Dark grey along their backs and head, while their flippers have a white band along the top.
With a diet of krill and lanternfish. Dwarf Minke whales are Baleen whales and have two blowholes.
With a lifespan of fifty years, Minke whales give birth to one calf per year.
They are talented at breaching and can get their whole body out of the water.
Minke Whales are inquisitive and often interact with boats, divers and snorkellers.
Frequently observed in areas off the coast from Australia. The best place to see them on the Great Barrier Reef from March to October.
- 3 Outer Agincourt Ribbon Reefs
- Outstanding visibility
- Spectacular marine life and coral reefs
- Dwarf Minke Whale permit from March to October.
- Guided dives for scuba divers
- Marine Interpreter guided snorkelling tour.
Great Barrier Reef Itinerary
- 07:30 – First check-in at Quicksilver Reservations Counter located inside the Reef Marina for your boarding passes.
- 08:15 – Next vessel boarding commences. Complimentary morning tea/breakfast served.
Time to head to the Great Barrier Reef!
- 08:30 – Depart Port Douglas marina for the Outer Great Barrier Reef.
- While on our way to the reef, there will be certified and introductory dive briefings.
- 10:15 – Arrive at the first reef location.
- Divers gear up, while snorkellers’ site briefing begins.
- Get ready to view the beauty of this natural wonder!
- 11:30 – Next Silversonic departs for the second reef location.
- Both introductory and certified divers have the option here for a second dive.
- Snorkelers site briefing.
- Noon – Tropical hot and cold buffet lunch served in the air-conditioned cabin.
- 13:40 – Silversonic departs for the third reef location.
- Snorkellers are once again briefed as to the best areas to snorkel.
- Guided Snorkel Tour
- Option for certified divers to do a third dive and introductory divers to do a second dive.+
- Afternoon Tea
- 15:00 – After we will make our way back to Port Douglas
- 16:30 – With an approximate arrival time at Port Douglas Marina
- 16:55 – Lastly coaches depart for accommodation
Included in this Great Barrier Reef Tour
- Return coach transfer from Port Douglas accommodation
- Return cruise from Port Douglas
- Up to 5 hours at Australia’s Great Barrier Reef
- Visit three different Outer Barrier Reef sites.
- Delicious morning tea, including focaccias and also muffin cakes.
- Afternoon tea cakes, cheese & biscuits.
- Hot and cold tropical buffet lunch.
- Reef Interpretation.
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel and fins).
- Guided Snorkel Tour
- Snorkel brief at each site.
- We have qualified lifeguard supervision.
- Equipment for divers provided, including wetsuit.
- Hot freshwater showers.
- Prescription masks are available at no additional cost.
- Lycra suits included
- Reef Levy included
- Underwater digital cameras available for hire.
- Professional underwater photo and video service are on board.
- Extra Scuba diving
- Swimming costume and also a towel.
- Hat, sunscreen and also a shirt.
- Certification Card for Certified Divers.
- Cash/credit card for drinks and snacks, photos and additional dives.
Check-in is at The Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina.
44 Wharf Street, Port Douglas Queensland 4877.
It is our mission to provide you with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules globally and the safest scuba diving record.
The Queensland Government Code of Practice regulates us, and we comply with all regulations.
Please read our scuba dive medical questionnaire as some medical conditions, age and medications may prevent scuba diving.
We will be delighted to assist you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected]
Or you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying and Scuba Diving
It would be best if you did not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after completing one scuba dive.
For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after scuba diving.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.