Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas- the Port Douglas Zoo
Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas First, start with cuddling Koalas and hand-feeding Kangaroos. Next to its breakfast with the birds and after its lunch with the lorikeets.
This attraction Boasts 5 different natural environments.
- Savannah Habitat
- Nocturnal Habitat
- Wetlands Habitat
- Rainforest Habitat
- Woodland Habitat
Be amazed at the diversity in this unique wildlife park.
Have you ever seen a tree kangaroo? While you are at the Port Douglas Wildlife Habitat, make sure you see one.
Next, stroll through the Woodlands, Wetlands, Rainforest and Savannah environments.
Get up close and personal with the Wallabies and Kangaroos.
Take the selfie of a lifetime while you are hand feeding the wildlife.
There are free, informative feeding tours in various environments.
Are you between 8 and 14 years old and love animals? While you are visiting Port Douglas, find out how you can be part of the Zookeepers program.
See more of Australia’s wildlife? See another great option HERE.
- Breakfast with the birds
- Lunch with the lorikeets
- A photo opportunity and cuddle with a koala
- 9.00 am Interactive Bird Experience
- 9.30 am Cassowary Feeding Talk
- 10.00 am Feature Creature Photos
- 11.00 am Wetlands Stork Talk
- 11.45 am North Queensland Reptile Experience (Crocodile Feeding Friday- Monday only)
- 12:30 pm Interactive Bird Experience
- 1.00 pm Feature Creature Souvenir Photos
- 2.00 pm Koala Feeding Talk
- 3:30 pm Pelican Talk
- 4.00 pm Park Closes
includes entry into all environments and animal presentations.
YOUR Wildlife Habitat Private Tour includes
- Entering koala enclosure for one on one time!
- Visiting the Tropical Animal Rehabilitation Centre to glimpse our wildlife rescue efforts.
- Opportunities to engage with animals that have been hand-raised by our keepers.
- 1.5 hours with a wildlife keeper.
- Private reptile presentation.
- Two 6×8 souvenir photos (per person)
- A premium dining experience with Australian wildlife.
- 5-day entry
PLEASE NOTE: Due to government regulations, We will not be offering the buffet product for breakfast and lunch at this time. However, you will be able to purchase items from the café.
Breakfast with the Birds (09:00 am – 10:30 am)
Set in the Wetlands Environment. Enjoy a delicious full hot and cold buffet breakfast. Our friendly wildlife keepers come to your table with delightful and very photogenic Australian birds. Enjoy the FREE WiFi at the Port Douglas Wildlife Habitat!
Lunch with the Lorikeets (12:00pm – 2:00pm)
Set in the Wetlands Environment in the fully licensed Curlew Cafe. Enjoy a delicious hot and cold Aussie BBQ buffet. During lunch, the wildlife keepers will come to your table with mischievous Rainbow Lorikeets!
Port Douglas Wildlife Habitat
Open 7 Days a week from 8:00 am through to 4:00 pm.
Closed on Christmas Day.
Located right beside the IGA on Port Douglas Road, Port Douglas.