Lady Douglas Port Douglas: A Relaxing Cruise Down the Dickson Inlet
Lady Douglas is a popular tourist attraction in Port Douglas, Australia. It offers a delightful experience for visitors to explore the area’s stunning natural beauty.
The Lady Douglas is a scenic river cruise along the picturesque Dickson Inlet. During this cruise, you can witness the captivating landscapes of Port Douglas, including lush mangroves and the rich wildlife that inhabits the region.
As you embark on this cruise, you’ll have the opportunity to spot various wildlife, including birds, crocodiles, and other native animals. The knowledgeable guides on board provide informative commentary, enhancing your understanding of the local ecosystem and the significance of the region’s natural beauty.
With Lady Douglas, you can immerse yourself in the beautiful Australian scenery. This experience is a perfect example of the unforgettable travel experiences you can have in Australia. It’s a must-visit attraction for anyone exploring Port Douglas and seeking to appreciate the country’s natural wonders.
So, if you’re planning to visit Port Douglas as part of your Australian travel adventure, don’t miss the chance to hop on board the Lady Douglas cruise. It’s a fantastic way to connect with the incredible natural beauty that Australia has to offer.
What is the Lady Douglas?
The Lady Douglas is a 50-foot classic riverboat that offers scenic cruises down the Dickson Inlet. The vessel is named after the wife of John Douglas, the first European settler in Port Douglas, who arrived in the area in the mid-1800s.
The Lady Douglas can accommodate up to 49 passengers and features an open deck and a covered cabin area. The cruise is fully guided, with experienced crew members commenting on the local history, wildlife, and environment.
What to Expect on the Lady Douglas Port Douglas Cruise
The Lady Douglas Port Douglas cruise offers a relaxing and informative journey through the Dickson Inlet. Here’s what you can expect on your cruise:
- Boarding: The cruise departs from the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina in Port Douglas. You must arrive at least 15 minutes before departure to check in and board the vessel.
- Scenic Cruise: The Lady Douglas will take you on a scenic journey down the Dickson Inlet, providing stunning views of the rainforest, mangroves, and mountains.
- Wildlife Spotting: The cruise offers plenty of opportunities to spot local wildlife, including birds, crocodiles, and other marine creatures.
- Morning or Afternoon Tea: The cruise includes morning or afternoon tea, with complimentary coffee, tea, and biscuits served onboard.
- Return: The cruise lasts about 1.5 hours and returns to the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina.
Why choose the Lady Douglas Port Douglas Cruise?
The Lady Douglas Port Douglas cruise is a must-do for several reasons:
- Relaxing: The cruise is a leisurely way to explore the beautiful Dickson Inlet, offering beautiful views and a peaceful atmosphere.
- Informative: The crew members know the local history, wildlife, and environment, providing informative commentary throughout the journey.
- Wildlife Spotting: The cruise offers plenty of opportunities to spot local wildlife, including crocodiles, which can be hard to see from land.
- Morning or Afternoon Tea: The cruise includes complimentary coffee, tea, and biscuits, so you can sit back and enjoy the journey with a snack.
- Affordable: The Lady Douglas Port Douglas cruise is an affordable way to explore the area, with prices starting at $30 per person.
Tips for a Great Lady Douglas Port Douglas Cruise
To make the most of your Lady Douglas Port Douglas cruise, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Dress appropriately: The cruise takes place outdoors, so dress appropriately for the weather. Bring a hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, comfortable clothing, and shoes.
- Bring a camera: The Dickson Inlet is a beautiful and picturesque location, so make sure you bring a camera to capture some memories.
- Listen to the commentary: The crew members know the local history, wildlife, and environment. Make sure you listen to their commentary to learn more about the area.
- Be respectful of the wildlife: While the Lady Douglas cruise offers plenty of opportunities to spot local wildlife, it’s important to be respectful and keep a safe distance from any animals you encounter.
- Book in advance: The Lady Douglas Port Douglas cruise can be popular, especially during peak tourist season. To avoid disappointment, it’s best to book in advance.
Q: Is the Lady Douglas Port Douglas cruise suitable for children?
Q: Can I bring my food and drinks on the cruise?
Q: Is the cruise wheelchair accessible?
The Lady Douglas Port Douglas cruise is a must-do for anyone looking for a relaxing and informative way to explore the Dickson Inlet. With wonderful views, local wildlife spotting opportunities, and complimentary tea and biscuits, this cruise is the perfect way to unwind and enjoy the area’s natural beauty.
Ensure you come prepared with appropriate clothing, a camera, and an eagerness to learn about the local history, wildlife, and environment. With the Lady Douglas Port Douglas, you’re in for a treat.
1.5 hours River Cruise
12:30 pm – 2 pm
2:30 pm – 4 pm
4:30 pm – 6 pm
- Complimentary beverage and finger food
- Optimal access for wildlife viewing and photography
- Activity sheets for children
- 1.5 hours cruising on calm water. Suitable in all weather conditions
- Comfortable seating. Plenty of space to move around
- Explore up the Dickson Inlet and Packers Creek with informative commentary
Additional beverages can be purchased from the fully licensed bar.
The Lady Douglas departs from Berth C13, Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, Port Douglas.
Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina is located on Wharf Street, a very short walk from the main street of Port Douglas.
Boarding time is 15 minutes before departure.
The Sunset Cruise is the one price of $45 per person for adults and children alike. (Children allowed but must be supervised.)