Silversonic Port Douglas Exploring the Wonders of the Great Barrier Reef
- Visits 3 Reef Agincourt Reef Sites each day
- Silversonic departs from the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, Port Douglas
- Adults $289
- Children $207
- Families $992
Silversonic is a renowned tour operator in Port Douglas that offers an extraordinary experience for those looking to explore the natural wonder of the Great Barrier Reef. Here’s what you need to know:
1. Reef Adventures:
Silversonic specializes in taking visitors on unforgettable adventures to the Great Barrier Reef, one of Australia’s most iconic natural attractions. Their tours allow you to snorkel or scuba dive in these pristine waters and witness the stunning marine life and vibrant coral formations up close.
2. Speed and Comfort:
The Silversonic vessels are designed for speed and comfort. These high-speed catamarans have spacious decks, comfortable seating, and modern amenities, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable journey to the reef.
3. Professional Crew:
Silversonic prides itself on its professional and knowledgeable crew. They are not only skilled in water safety but also well-versed in the marine biology of the Great Barrier Reef. They provide informative commentary and assistance to make your reef adventure safe and educational.
4. Snorkeling and Diving:
Whether you’re a seasoned diver or a first-time snorkeler, Silversonic caters to all experience levels. They provide top-quality equipment and offer introductory dives for beginners, allowing everyone to discover the reef’s mesmerizing beauty.
5. Outer Reef Exploration:
Silversonic takes you to the outer reef systems, which are less crowded and offer some of the most pristine and diverse coral formations. These remote locations provide a unique and untouched experience for nature enthusiasts.
6. Environmental Stewardship:
Silversonic is committed to preserving the Great Barrier Reef. They follow strict environmental practices to minimize their impact on the reef and educate visitors about the importance of conservation.
7. Booking and Accessibility:
You can easily book Silversonic on this website. Click the book button and follow the easy steps.
Tips for a Great Silversonic Port Douglas Experience
To make the most of your Silversonic Port Douglas tour, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Bring your swimwear and towel: You’ll spend a lot of time in the water, so make sure you bring your swimwear and towel.
- Wear reef-friendly sunscreen: The Australian sun can be intense, even on cloudy days. Make sure you wear plenty of sunscreen and reapply it throughout the day.
- Use a rash guard: If you’re snorkelling or diving, consider wearing a rash guard to protect your skin from the sun and any jellyfish or other creatures you may encounter.
- Listen to your guides: The Silversonic Port Douglas guides keep you safe and help you make the most of your underwater adventure. Make sure you listen to their instructions and follow their advice.
- Bring an underwater camera: The Great Barrier Reef is one of the world’s most beautiful and diverse underwater landscapes. Make sure you capture some memories by bringing an underwater camera or GoPro.
Dwarf Minke Whales
Silversonic has been permitted from The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park to swim with dwarf Minke Whales.
Dwarf Minke Whales occur in tropical, temperate and polar waters of the South Pacific, South Atlantic and Indian Ocean.
We are growing to a maximum length of 6.8 metres and weighing 635 kilograms.
Dark grey along their backs and heads, while their flippers have a white band along the top.
With a diet of krill and lanternfish. Dwarf minkewhales are Baleen whales and have two blowholes.
With a lifespan of fifty years, Minke whales give birth to one calf per year.
They are talented at breaching and can get their whole body out of the water.
Minke Whales are inquisitive and often interact with boats, divers and snorkelers.
They are frequently observed in areas off the coast of Australia. The best place to see them is on the Great Barrier Reef from March to October.
Q. What is Silversonic, and what does it offer?
Q. How do I book a tour with Silversonic?
Q. What types of experiences does Silversonic offer for snorkelers and divers?
Q.Where does Silversonic take visitors to explore the Great Barrier Reef?
Q.Are the Silversonic vessels comfortable and safe?
Q. What makes Silversonic environmentally responsible?
Q. Is Silversonic suitable for both beginners and experienced divers?
Q. Can I book Silversonic tours for a family or group?
Q. Where is Silversonic located in Port Douglas?
Q. What should I expect during a day with Silversonic?
These FAQs should provide valuable information about Silversonic in Port Douglas, helping you plan an exciting and educational adventure to the Great Barrier Reef.
Silversonic Port Douglas is an unforgettable adventure that should be at the top of your list when visiting Port Douglas. With a state-of-the-art vessel, experienced guides, and stunning reef sites, this tour is the perfect way to explore the Great Barrier Reef.
Ensure you come prepared with your swimwear, sunscreen, and a sense of adventure. With Silversonic Port Douglas, you’ll have an experience you’ll never forget.
- This day tour visits one of the seven natural wonders of the World.
- 3 Outer Agincourt Ribbon Reefs.
- Spectacular marine life and coral.
- Five hours at the Great Barrier Reef.
Great Barrier Reef Itinerary
- 07:30 – First Check-in at Quicksilver Reservations Counter inside the Crystalbrook Marina.
- 08:15 – Next, guests board the vessel
- 08:20 Then sit back and relax with complimentary tea and coffee.
- 08:30 – Depart Port Douglas Marina.
- Along the way, a thorough certified and introductory dive briefing.
- 10:15 – Then arrive at the first Reef location.
- Divers gear up while snorkellers’ site briefing begins.
- Then get ready to see the beauty of this natural wonder!
- 11:30 – Next, Silversonic departs for the second Reef location.
- Introductory and certified dives
- Snorkelers site briefing.
- Noon – Tropical hot and cold buffet lunch
- 13:40 – Next, cruise to the third Reef location.
- Snorkelling briefs on the best areas to snorkel.
- Guided Snorkel tour.
- Option for certified divers to do a third dive and a second introductory dive.
- 15:00 – Next, depart the Great Barrier Reef.
- 16:30 – Arrival time at Port Douglas Marina.
- 16:55 – Coaches leave for accommodation.
This Reef cruise includes
- Return coach transfer from Port Douglas accommodation
- Return Silversonic cruise from Port Douglas
- Up to 5 hours at Australia’s Great Barrier Reef
- Visit three different Reef sites
- Morning and Afternoon teas
- Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch.
- Reef Interpretation.
- Snorkelling equipment, including mask, snorkel and fins.
- Guided Snorkel Tour.
- Snorkel briefing at each site.
- Qualified lifeguard supervision.
- Equipment for divers and snorkelers.
- Hot freshwater showers and change rooms.
- Prescription masks.
- Lycra suits.
|Silversonic Port Douglas||Adult||Child 4-14 yrs|
|Snorkelling and Cruise||$272.00||$195.00|
|Scuba Diving additional costs||Adult||Child 4-14 yrs|
|Intro Diver – Full Gear (1 dive)||$77.00||$77.00|
|Intro Diver – Full Gear (2 dives)||$149.00||$149.00|
|Cert Diver – Full Gear (1 dive)||$60.00||$60.00|
|Cert Diver – Full Gear (2 dives)||$87.00||$87.00|
|Cert Diver – Full Gear (3 dives)||$107.00||$107.00|
|Cert Diver – Tanks Weights (1 dive)||$48.00||$48.00|
|Cert Diver – Tanks Weights (2 dives)||$75.00||$75.00|
|Cert Diver – Tanks Weights (3 dives)||$95.00||$95.00|
|Return Coach Transfers: – Cairns, Northern Beaches, Silky Oaks $35 per person|
|BOOK NOW SILVERSONIC (PORT DOUGLAS)|
- Underwater digital cameras are available for hire.
- Professional underwater photo and video service
- Swimwear, towel and sunglasses.
- Hat, sunscreen and also a shirt.
- Certification Card for Certified Divers.
- Cash for drinks at the bar and credit card for additional dives.
- Please note a small levy (Government Environmental Management Charge to pay upon check-in.
Silversonic departs from
Check-in is at The Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina
44 Wharf Street, Port Douglas Queensland 4877
Our mission is always to provide our passengers with the best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Queensland, Australia, has some of the strictest scuba diving rules globally. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations.
All passengers should complete our can I go diving questionnaire as some medical conditions, age, and medications may prevent them from scuba diving.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please get in touch with our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us.
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single, no decompression scuba dive, do not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. Do not fly for 24 hours after your last dive for multiple dives.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning, you must wait 24 hours after your dive.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.