Poseidon Reef Cruises
Poseidon Reef Cruises departing daily from Port Douglas. Onboard a fast catamaran designed for personalised scuba diving and snorkelling tours.
Next, we will visit three outer barrier reef locations. The Captain will choose from 30 exclusive and spectacular reef sites.
During the day, we will be visiting spectacular Agincourt Ribbon Reefs, 70 kilometres northeast of Port Douglas.
Offering outstanding conditions for snorkelling and scuba diving.
While you are, Coral reef gardens teeming with brightly coloured marine life and coral will be yours to explore.
- Introductory Scuba diving
- Certified Scuba diving
When to visit
From May to September, Poseidon Reef Cruises has a special permit to swim with the Dwarf Minke Whales.
About Poseidon Reef Cruises
Your Poseidon Reef Cruises depart from Marina Mirage in the heart of Port Douglas.
While onboard, this 90-minute cruise to Agincourt Reef aboard a fast, comfortable catamaran.
**There is a reef tax of $6.50 to pay to onboard.
- Outer Barrier Reef
- three outer barrier reef sites
- Agincourt Reef
Times May Vary
- 0815 – Boarding at the Reef Marina, Port Douglas
- 0830 –Depart the marina for the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- 1020 – Arrive at your first Great Barrier Reef Location
- 1130 – Arrive at 2nd location
- 1200 – Lunch
- 1330 – Arrive at 3rd location & afternoon tea is served
- 1440 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef
- 1615 – Approximately Arrival time at Port Douglas Marina
- Three outer reef locations(weather permitting)
- All snorkelling equipment (except wetsuits)
- Free return coach transfers from your Port Douglas accommodation
- Morning tea and coffee with muffins
- Tropical buffet lunch with prawns, cold meats, salads & bread
- Reef interpretation talk
- Guided snorkel tour with marine biologist
- Lycra suits & Flotation devices /Buoyancy aids
- Freshwater showers
- Prescription masks available
- Afternoon tea and coffee with cake & fruit platter
- Environmental Management Fee is included
- Certified Diving
- Introductory Dive
- Return Bus transfers from your Cairns City Accommodation
- Wetsuit hire
- Professional photographer service on board
- Fully licensed bar
- Cash or credit card for extra purchases
- A certification card for certified divers
This tour departs from the Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, 44 Wharf Street, Port Douglas.
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and we comply with all regulations.
We strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking.
We are delighted to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at [email protected],
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible